- Publié le: 13-08-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 66476
Job Description :
- Our client is a global finance institution serving their customers across 5 continents.
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for managing all finance and accounting activities in DRC, ensuring the organisation is pursuing its mission while maximizing efficiency and reducing risk.
- The CFO will participate as a member of the Management Team/Board, sharing responsibility for the overall organisation performance, and making decisions on material issues.
- Generation of financial statements according to local accounting standards.
- Reporting to relevant local authorities (central bank, tax office, etc.).
- Reporting to hub.
- Analyse financial data and develop financial analysis as a key management tool with the aim of optimizing activities : identify risks, inefficiencies, negative.
- tendencies, and propose measures that reduce risks, improving efficiency, and reverse negative tendencies.
Create/modify procedures such that they are low-risk and efficient.
- Ensure compliance with financial covenants in agreements with creditors and donors.
- Create cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure availability of sufficient resources for lending in the required currency.
- Manage all financial transactions with creditors, banks, donors.
- Manage the planning and budgeting process.
- Act as the coordinator and main contact person with external auditors.
- Keep all Management Team/Board members informed about relevant issues/developments in finance activities.
- Participate/vote in decision-making (with Management Team/Board Members) on relevant “Finance” and “Non-Finance” issues.
- Manages relationships with all Lenders, both local and external, in concert with the Head Quarter.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Excellent business/managerial competencies : analytical thinking, negotiation, people management, cost consciousness, outstanding communication skills (written and oral), ability to deliver quality work product, integrity & ethics.
- Extensive experience, plus 10 years leadership roles in best-practice financial management of a company, desirably a financial services.
- Good understanding of IT in financial management.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management (or equivalent). CPA, or Chartered Accountancy qualifications (desirable).
- Experience in DRC, West/Central Africa.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Availability to travel 25% of the time.
Benefits and Contractual information :
- Open to expatriate candidates / 10+ years Financial Executive roles in Africa.