- We are currently searching for a Head of Purchasing to direct and oversees the procurement function of a new stable mineral operation in Senegal.
- Base on site, you will report to the Procurement & Logistics Manager and will be responsible for direct and oversees the procurement functions in a demanding environment and in a growing organization.
Functional responsibilities :
- Implement the procurement process : document the new procurement process and personnel training.
- Ensure the full compliance of all purchased goods and services to the laws of Senegal.
- Comply with the company’s standards in terms of HSE and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Contribute to the continuous improvements yearly action plan of the company by proposing new actions, and then take the lead of actions.
- Monitor purchasing performance (KPI).
- Collaborate with other departments on- specifications, assessment and qualification of suppliers, acceptance.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Qualification in business Administration, supply chain management, logistics or similar.
- A minimum of 7 years related experience including purchasing, supply chain and contracts.
- Fluency in French and English (both essential).
- Experience in Procurement Management position.
- Understanding of ERP/MRP.
- Knowledge of Contract law and various terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Excellent Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Mining or heavy industry experience preferred.
- Multi-cultural environment experience and International exposure a plus.