- Publié le: 12-11-2021
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 49819
The Company :
- Our client is an international mining company, seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Exploration Geologist for his existing mining operations in West Africa.
- The role will participate in various projects across the operations as well as contribute to the development of the mine sites.
- Coordinate the survey and exploration program on the specific areas ;
- Recommend and implement the validated drilling sequence, allocate resources for monitoring and ensure compliance with schedules and the costs of the operations ;
- Supervise and ensure compliance with the sampling and sample sending process ;
- Analyze and interpret geological, geochemical, topographical, geophysical, mineralogical data, etc.;
- Prepare maps, geological sections, drilling plans, topo plans, geophysical plans, etc.
- Ensure that all field technical activities meet standard mining industry criteria ;
- Control, validate and interpret the data acquired ;
- Prepare interpreted geological sections with mineralized envelopes and any other technical document for estimating and validating resources ;
- Carry out any other geoscience activity ;
- Guarantee QAQC throughout the exploration process ;
- Weekly, monthly and year-end reports ;
- Ensure the development of plans, schedules, budgets, cost follow-up and writing of technical exploration reports ;
- Supervise all support operations and ensure cost control ;
- Manage and maintain the premises and equipment of the exploration camp ;
- Track spending ;
- Liaison with Local people/Communities ;
- Ensure that various records (records, carrot and chip records, data) are kept up to date ;
- Assist and train by junior or project exploration geologists, as well as technicians in their daily tasks such as logging, sampling, mapping, etc.;
- Ensure the best possible coordination between exploration, other services and contractors.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- University Degree in Geology ;
- At least 10 years’ experience on exploration projects, preferably in Africa ;
- Experienced in projects of $30 Million plus ;
- Possess the technical skills and the adequate experience to carry out its mission with autonomy and initiative ;
- Experience of different precious and base metal geology ;
- Experience in geological data management and processing software and GIS software and 3D modelling (but not limited to : Surpac, Geosoft + Target, ArcGis or MapInfo + Discover);
- Good command of Microsoft tools and knowledge of database ;
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Benefits and Contractual information :
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.