- For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are looking for an experienced and qualified Site Procurement Manager.
- Reporting to the Site Manager, the Site Procurement Manager is responsible to manage, direct, control and co-ordinate the site procurement, contracts administration, and expediting functions of services, equipment, plant & materials, and construction contracts for the project obtaining optimum performance in regard to cost, technical requirements, quality and delivery to satisfy project budgets and schedules.
Functional responsibilities :
- Overview and Control of Field Procurement Functions.
- Manages the process of procurement of owner supplied equipment and erection/installation contracts.
- Leads the process of setting procurement and expediting procedures in conformance with client and project requirements.
- Ensures procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Establishes and maintains a consolidated database for bidders, suppliers and contractors.
- Maintains internal and external peer contacts and keeps abreast of new developments for the purpose of improving the procurement system during the course of the project.
- Provides functional direction and advice on all procurement issues, including formulation and administration of purchase orders and contracts.
- Provides guidance to Site Buyers and Site Expeditors in the performance of their duties.
- Interprets and advises Site Management and staff on commercial and legal aspects of tenders and purchase orders/contracts.
- Prepares reports and updates on the status of scheduled deliveries, all procurement activities from site and the Home Office, advises Site Management and recommends corrective actions when required.
- Establishes levels of Procurement Authority, and delegates roles and responsibilities and reporting lines.
- Arranges the preparation of standard project specific contract attachments plus commercial and general conditions for the various types of procurement packages required to satisfy the project scope of work.
- Establishes and ensures efficient operation of the systems required for the following site procurement functions : pre-qualification, document preparation, enquiry issue, bid receipt, assessment co-ordination, negotiations and recommendation for award.
- Reviews all bid documentation prior to issue for contractual correctness, presentation and conformity with project requirements.
- Manages the site compilation of specific contracts and purchase orders.
- Prior to issue of a letter of award or purchase order, checks all referenced or summarised documentation for completeness, and the content for contractual integrity.
- Ensures all documentation and interaction with the client and contractors/suppliers is correct, ethical and legal.
- Controls and coordinates transport of off site orders to site if not the responsibility of a contractor.
- Reviews quality plans prepared by suppliers/contractors and ensures compatibility with Project procedures and requirements.
- Controls and co-ordinates quality inspection and expediting of off-site orders using either in-house expertise or external consultants/contractors.
- Reviews and oversees responses to all extra work or contractual claims made by vendors and suppliers.
- Assists in dispute resolution, advises and provides input to other project groups on the handling and response to on site claims made by suppliers and vendors.
- Manages warranty issues for the contracts in conjunction with site personnel.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Engineering or Business Degree and/or 15 years experience in domestic and international procurement activities with at least 5 years in a senior management position.
- Experience in a site or office project procurement manager role on multi-discipline projects worldwide.
- Detailed knowledge of contract law and its interpretation.
- Thorough experience in contract formulation, negotiation, and negotiation strategies.
- Understanding of procurement strategies and their compliance with local, national and international guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate policies and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of material deliverables as related to Project needs and their integration into project control tools.
- Experience and knowledge of working the Worldwide Global Procurement Market.
- In depth understanding of expediting, purchasing, inspection, traffic and logistics, customs requirements, warehousing, material management programs, reconciliation, E purchasing, and the ability to raise a comprehensive set of global Procedures to be used on Projects worldwide.
- Development and Mentoring of people skills and abilities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.