- Published: 2019-02-05
- Views: 563
- Advert ID: 123798
- Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager Project Development is responsible for the medium term development and growth of the Mine.
- The role will coordinate all activities relating to the ongoing development of the business case and technical feasibility for extracting and processing the sulphide resource base at the project including but not limited to mine design requirements for sulphide ore extraction, processing route feasibility, tailings management from sulphide processing and regulatory framework and requirements for progressing sulphide ore treatment at the project.
- Engineering studies are required to assess opportunities for further optimisation of existing operations and infrastructure achieved by debottlenecking and incremental capital investment.
Functional responsibilities :
The GM Project Development will be responsible for :
- Ensuring that legislative requirements for OHS and Environment are considered at every stage of the studies program for the Sulphide Development.
- Execution of Delivery of PEA / Scoping Study for Sulphides, Delivery of PFS Debottlenecking.
- Coordination of all individual technical studies completed by site resources and external consulting groups.
- Coordination of technical activities relating to TSF as a requirement for treatment of sulphide resources.
- Delivery of reporting requirements for all stakeholders.
- Lead the execution of the construction and expansion program for PTAR.
- Execution of Strategic capital projects including the de-bottlenecking of the existing CIL plant.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Bachelor level degree in a related engineering field (Process, Mechanical).
- Formal project management qualification (desirable but not essential).
- 20 years or more experience in operations and engineering management in the mining industry.
- Strong background in technical studies management relating to complex mine development projects and tailings storage facilities.
- Ability to manage complex technical studies and test work programs to deliver favourable project outcomes.
- Demonstrated capability of managing a wide range of technical consultants, engineering companies, and potential vendors contributing to mine development studies.
- Experience in brownfields infrastructure expansion and construction.
- Previous Expatriate experience is essential.
- Exposure to operation or studies relating to processing of sulphide resources (desirable but not essential).
Site based FIFO or Residential opportunity with a well-regarded gold company to be part of the leadership of a large-scale project development, from Feasibility to Construction, in Asia.