- Publié le: 26-09-2019
- Nbre de Vues: 3279
- ID Annonce: 189742
For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are looking for a Biodiversity Team Leader with fluency in English/French.
Functional responsibilities :
- Support the operation by implementing / updating the biodiversity aspects of the HSEC system and the Biodiversity Action Plans (BAP).
- Provide a contact point for partner organisations and the public, for all local biodiversity management matters.
- Coordinate partnerships related to biodiversity to ensure that the BAP, and other environmental action plans, keeps up to date with national developments in biodiversity conservation and with other initiatives in the country.
- Undertake biodiversity surveys / assessments and establish an Ecological Monitoring Programme.
- Establish a Biodiversity and Protected Areas management plan.
- Implement a Wildlife Conservation strategy and programmes (Wild Species & Forests, Grasslands, etc.) and particularly regarding chimpanzee and critical habitats issues.
- Supervise the Biodiversity staff ensuring that adequate resources are in place.
- Supervise and ensure the preparation of periodic biodiversity performance reports.
Required experience and qualifications :
- PhD or MSc in Fauna & Flora, Biodiversity or Environmental Science.
- 10 years’ experience in environment and biodiversity management in mining operations with solid understanding of mining operations or exploration.
- Experience with IFC standards.
- Experience in collaboration with external stakeholders (government, community, IFC, OPIC, NGOs, etc.).
- Significant experience with ESIA baselines and studies, ESMP, HSEC Management Systems, in relationships and community development.
- Driving license mandatory and experience in driving on the ground.