- Publié le: 2024-01-30
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 346849
- For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are searching for an experienced and qualified Site Lead Cost Controller based on site.
- Reporting to the Site Project Controls Manager, the Site Lead Cost Controller is responsible for all aspects of site project cost controls, including the development and maintaining of project cost information, cost tracking, forecasting, analysis, trending, budgetary control, reporting, change management and aspects of contract administration.
- The Site Lead Cost Controller is also responsible, interfacing with the Site Project Controls Manager and Site Manager, to oversee variations and revisions to existing budgets, supervises and coordinates other Cost Controllers, Quantity Surveyors and Estimators.
Functional responsibilities :
- Monitors and reports costs and budgets, revenue, schedule development and progress.
- Identifies trends and changes to the design, procurement and construction progress against the contract schedules and productivity requirements, and reports analyses to project team maintaining all information on the change order register.
- Manages the code of accounts in conjunction with the Site Planners/Schedulers, Field Engineers and Construction on all coded documents including timesheets, purchase orders and invoices.
- Analyzes bulk material take-offs as they become available and monitors against budget quantities.
- Analyzes actual costs, commitments, accruals and revisions associated with project progress.
- Monitors site indirect and direct man-hours and costs for significant trends against the project budget, reports the reasons for these deviations and forecast cost impacts to the Site Project Controls Manager.
- Expedites the completion of change orders and presents to project management for approval so that work scope changes can be quantified for presentation to the client.
- Processes change orders and trend alerts in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides input into the trending system and carries out risk analysis as and when required.
- Contributes to the development of various financial, productivity and scheduling analyses and forecasts as required to assist the project controls team with overall project management.
- Liaises with the scheduling group to ensure that the cost impacts of schedule deviations or time related functions are reflected in the cost forecast.
- Monitors documents and transmittals with regards to engineering and design for potential growth and associated cost impacts.
- Reviews bid summaries for potential growth and establishes potential cost impacts of growth.
- Ensures that unit cost data from bids are reflected in cost forecasts prior to purchase order issue.
- Reviews Client correspondence, minutes of meetings and internal job bulletins (in conjunction with the advice of the project engineers, if necessary), in order to detect changes to the project work scope.
- Forecasts the anticipated final total project cost.
- Reviews contract documents to ensure the cost control mechanisms are in line with the contents and requirements of the contract.
- Performs analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
- Ensures the quality of work produced by the cost control team/cost estimating team is consistent with project requirements.
- At established points in the project life cycle, co-ordinates the preparation of relevant estimates as indicated by the Site Project Controls Manager or Site Manager as dictated by project conditions.
- Prepares graphs and presentations to illustrate the cost and forecast final cost status for project and corporate management.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combinations of training and/or related experience.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years demonstrated experience in cost control, change management, planning/scheduling in a senior position in a major project controls environment.
- Well developed knowledge of resource monitoring techniques, (i.e. cost accounting, basic estimating, scheduling, and understands construction technology, process systems and/or structures).
- The ability to manage, review & interpret data received from engineering, contractors, and vendors.
- Some knowledge and experience in project management with an emphasis on identifying and correcting scope, schedule, budget, and change management issues.
- Proven track record in successfully implementing and maintaining effective project controls practices in a challenging and fast moving environment.
- Produces high quality and accurate project control deliverables in a timely and consistent manner.
- Proficient PC skills including a working knowledge all the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with the ability to work well independently, oversee and coordinate the activities of a small team.