- Publié le: 2022-06-16
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 88465
Job Description :
- We are looking to appoint a Chief Financial Officer that will report to the CEO. The CFO will lead and direct the development and execution of a financial management plan, establish and implement compliance processes and procedures, anticipate and control financial risks in line with business goals and objectives.
- Given the early-stage of the company’s operations, the CFO will play a key role in fund raising across a broad range of investors (DFIs, financial sponsors, etc), establish and track the appropriate KPIs for the business and prioritize the right areas of investment to help the company scale up efficiently.
- The key challenges will be managing various stakeholders, formulating innovative strategies to keep up with the dynamic industry.
- Monitor the capital requirements of the organization ; review the long-and short-term financial objectives and provide guidance to Executive Management on the financial policies of the Company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions and investors as may be required, to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms of long-term funding and working capital lines ; structure the most effective financing options/solutions and models for the business.
- Develop and monitor control systems including an ERP system implementation for the consolidation of the external and internal accounting systems.
- Act as main advisor and strategist providing needed support to the CEO, other executive management and the Board with respect to the identification of financial and operational risk, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Provide financial, administrative and operating information (and such other information from time to time as may be required) by the Board.
- Review operating results of the Company, compare with set objectives, identify root causes of weak performance and ensures appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Direct and coordinate the funding for new and existing projects and operations towards increasing productivity, optimizing the use of capital and maximizing returns.
- Consolidate and supervise the company’s procedures including the procurement process, salary payments, expense policy, etc.
- Establish and maintain an effective financial management framework covering treasury, tax planning, financial control and management information systems (MIS) processes that support the company’s mission and business objectives.
- Assume overall responsibility for the company’s budgeting (capex, SG&A) process – work with CEO and Financial Controller to prepare budget, report results, analyze variance and initiate corrective actions to ensure alignment with company’s corporate strategy.
- Identify key value drivers for the business, design and monitor operational and financial KPIs to enhance strategic decision making.
- Manage the overall balance sheet position of the company in terms of assets, debt and shareholders’ funds and ensure balance sheet meets the growth requirement of the business as well as any covenants with funding partners.
- Evaluate the company valuation on a periodic basis.
- Manage the performance, career development, welfare and motivation of employees directly within his functional area of responsibility.
- Work with external auditors to address audit queries and achieve progressive compliance with acceptable reporting standards and best-in-class internal control systems.
- Assist the CEO and Board with competitive positioning by studying industry and economic trends, risks, and define initiatives to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be delegated by the CEO from time to time.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Appropriate business degree in Finance and/or Accounting. Masters in Business Administration is highly desirable. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly desirable.
- 7+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the energy space.
- Highly numerate, with excellent quantitative, analytical and business awareness skills. An entrepreneurial and hands-on manager with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven organization. High level of integrity and results orientated.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in Financial / Management Accounting, with 4 – 5 years in senior management role in a reputable business, preferably in the energy industry.
- Experience in Africa is a key requirement, preferably in Nigeria.
- A proven track record with transformation and innovation to drive strategic growth.
- A very high level of commercial awareness of the workings of the power industry in Nigeria.
- Strong network of high-profile relationships with Nigerian and international financial institutions.
- Experience with business start-up in Nigeria desirable.
- Operational understanding of procurement, HR/OHS&E process will be well regarded.
- Experience with Export Funding (UKEF/EIB) and cross border leasing advantageous.