- Publié le: 29-09-2021
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 41287
Job Description :
We are currently recruiting for a French / English speaking Civil / Structural Superintendent with extensive Mining and Minerals experience to be based in Mauritania.
- Review the PMP and ensure compliance with all aspects affecting construction works.
- Implement and enforce the project Health, Safety and Environmental, (HSE), policy, procedures and plans in close cooperation with the HSE Advisors on the project.
- Identify potential HSE hazards in the area together with contractors working in the area and to ensure implementation of risk treatment plans by the contractors in consultation with the assigned HSE Advisor to your area.
- Work with the Site Safety Officer for the implementation of all aspects of the Safety Management Plan including audits of the contractors’ areas, corrective action notices, accident / incident investigations reporting, issue of access permits, job analysis, conducting additional safety meetings as and when required, etc.
- Liaise with the Site Quality Coordinator and Site Engineering, for quality of work in your area.
- Review construction / erection drawings and specifications prepared for the project, develop strategies for erection interfaces and pre-empt problem areas and ensure that the contractor correctly interprets drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Assist in planning construction methods and procedures. Coordinate engineering or construction problems with the Construction Manager and ensure contractors prepare method statements and risk assessments in accordance with the requirements of their contracts.
- Minimize interface problems and project delay by coordinating the operations of the different contractors and recommending the order of work.
- Undertake specific site planning duties in areas of concern or for additional works and ensure inclusion of the effect in the overall project schedule.
- Liaise with the project office, relevant Field Engineers or others if necessary to resolve discrepancies during the construction of the project work and assist in the resolving of Technical Queries.
- Supervise the work of contractors to ensure that schedule, design and specification requirements are achieved. Arrange the prompt response to all queries, issues, changes, etc. raised by contractors.
- Provide all reasonable assistance and cooperation to contractors in the execution of their work.
- Oversee the work of consultants involved in the construction work and countersign time sheets, invoices, etc. for payment purposes
- Coordinate and overview the work of all vendor personnel engaged in construction work.
- Liaise with local authorities, client representatives, contractors and other personnel as required to ensure shutdowns, relocations, cutins, etc. are carried out safely and in a timely manner with minimum disruption.
- Develop and maintain good relations with local companies adjacent to the site, statutory authorities associated with the project and other groups to ensure the best construction outcome for the client. Ensure adherence to all statutory requirements affecting the project site.
- Carry out regular site inspections of all work and issue directions / instruction to contractors within the limit of authority either directly or through subordinates.
- Exercise budgetary control to ensure costs are not exceeded without proper authority.
- Monitor contractor progress against schedule and report slippages to the Construction Manager.
- Propose measures to contractor and Construction Manager on how to recover lost time and to maintain schedule.
- Arrange measurement of progress on all contracts for reporting and progress claim purposes.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Have a thorough understanding of the OHS Act, Mines Health and Safety Act and SANS 10142.
- Good engineering knowledge.
- Experience in earthworks and infrastructure development.
- Experience in concrete structures and structural steel.
- Experience in providing design input into projects within an EPCM environment.
- Experience with road building, earthworks and civil structures.
- Have a thorough understanding of permit to work practices and lockout procedures.
- Understanding of cost and financial implications of decisions made, as these relate to a project.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad.
- Solid knowledge of construction contracts.
- Thorough understanding of construction methodologies in his discipline.
- French / English speaking – not negotiable.