- Publié le: 2021-01-18
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 80465
The Civil Field Engineer will be part of the Field Services Team and report to the Construction Manager. In this support role, the Field Engineer will interact with the survey team, suppliers, procurement and management to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications and meets clients schedule.
Functional responsibilities :
- Provides technical assistance to the Civil Superintendent and crafts.
- Performs inspections and documentation of all civil work in progress on a continuing basis.
- Problem resolution and inspection of field installations.
- Work with the survey team to coordinate work schedule to stay ahead of construction and the schedule.
- Work the concrete, rebar and formwork suppliers to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Executes field take offs from Issued For Construction drawings, provides input to the quantity tracking applications and reports weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
- Work with Procurement’s expediting team to ensure the delivery of vendor materials to support the projects schedule.
- Manage the material testing lab to support construction schedule.
- Track permanent plant items received.
Required experience and qualifications :
- 5 years’ of minimum experience.
- Civil Engineering degree.
- Ability to formulate a working relationship with other departments and contractors. Knowledge of multi-discipline construction operation.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Good communication skills required.