- Publié le: 02-09-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 70617
For our client, a world leader within the mining industry, we are searching for a Cost Controller. The role will be based in the United Kingdom. The Cost Controller will work with the Project Team to ensure that the project’s objectives are met and be responsible for tracking and reporting the project’s deliverables and targets.
Functional responsibilities :
- Provide project control support including project/cost reporting, material expediting, invoice tracking and cost reconciliation.
- Collect data, inputs, update and produce standard management reports, Actual vs. Budget, Forecast and Earned value.
- Can demonstrate the ability to run a change management system.
- Determine cost trends / variations / irregularities and recommend solutions to mitigate cost exposure.
- Can establish cost estimates, and is able to equalize supplier bids.
- Understands cost / revenue exposure, can analyze issues and develop specific reports.
- Understands project schedule and can work with planners to determine cost risks.
- Have accountability along with the rest of the Project Team for achievement of timelines and/or objectives for the project.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organization skills while managing competing priorities.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in a Cost Controller / Engineer role on a large EPCM /EPC Project(s) (£125m).
- Microsoft Office : Excel (advanced level required), Word and PowerPoint. Experience with project cost control software experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of unit rates, material and equipment pricing, labor pricing and other estimate components and techniques.
- Solid communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s) and prioritize work.
- Exceptional analytical skills and logical thought processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must understand basic terminology and economic analysis as it pertains to project.