- Publié le: 11-07-2022
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 96626
Job Description :
- Our Client is currently searching for an experienced Deputy Project Manager to join an international Mining Contractor in West Africa.
- Reporting to and being the back to back to the Project Manager, the Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for the management and delivery of the Open Pit Mining Services contract to safely meet production targets & budget objectives.
This role will be be responsible for :
- Being the back to back to the Project Manager.
- Liaising with the Client to ensure delivery targets are achieved within budget.
- Managing site production and associated mining activities (load, haul, drill & blast, mining).
- Management of the Client on a day-to-day basis and intra-company relationships.
- Assessing and recommending appropriate plant equipment to ensure outcomes of the Contract are achieved including the budgeting process.
- Providing expertise to direct and in-direct reports to develop, upskill and train the workforce to operate at a high standard with efficiency.
- Providing reporting & metrics to the Client and internal Stakeholders on a regular basis.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Techinical background and qualifications, ideally in mining engineering.
- Minimum 15 years operations experience with previous Project Manager roles in Mining Contrator organisations.
- 3+ years experience in operational roles in developing countries (particularly Africa).
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial strength supported by references.
- Proven commercial acumen and working knowledge essential in budgeting, cost control, forecasting areas.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills to lead workforces in difficult working conditions and pressured environments.
This role will be provided with a competitive remuneration package commensurate with the seniority of the role working on an FIFO-basis in and out of West Africa.