- We are currently recruiting a Drilling Engineer in Algeria to develop well design and layout optimizing the investments and applying the highest standards of engineering integrity, safety and environmental protection.
- To draft drilling plan and support its execution providing engineering advise, and updating, when necessary, well design and execution plans.
Functional responsibilities :
- Planning and engineering drilling operations in order to achieve technical objectives in safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Preparing drilling programs including all information as specified in Company procedure.
- Preparing estimated cost breakdown of wells to be drilled or worked over.
- Operations follow-up.
- Recommending changes in some aspects of drilling program (if necessary) to improve drilling and completion methods, techniques and speed.
- Making recommendations when drilling problem occurs.
- Tracking and benchmarking drilling performance and costs.
- Preparing post well reports.
- Carrying out special studies and reports on any aspects of drilling and completion operations as required.
- Providing digital data useful to follow up well operations and produce well profile print-outs and overpressure study. To critically study these data, detect anomalies and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Assisting rigsite operations for specific jobs.
- Assisting in the preparation and evaluation of tenders.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Engineering degree or high school diploma.
- Valid Well Control certificate (IWCF level 4 or willing to obtain prior to mobilisation).
- Fluent knowledge of English and French desirable.
- Extensive experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Extensive experience in drilling engineering.