- Publié le: 18-01-2021
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 80467
The Electrical Field Engineer will be part of the Field Services Team and report to the Construction Manager. In this support role, the Field Engineer will interact with the survey team, suppliers, procurement and management to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications and meets clients schedule.
Functional responsibilities :
- Provides technical assistance to the Electrical Superintendent and crafts.
- Performs inspections and documentation of all Electrical work in progress on a continuing basis.
- Problem resolution and inspection of field installations.
- Work with the survey team to coordinate work schedule to stay ahead of construction and the schedule.
- Work the concrete, rebar and formwork suppliers to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Work with Procurement’s expediting team to ensure the delivery of vendor materials to support the projects schedule.
- Manage the material testing lab to support construction schedule.
- Track permanent plant items received.
Required experience and qualifications :
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5 years of Electrical Engineering experience is required.
- Knowledge of industry standards is required.
- Able to read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Understanding of electrical power systems and a good aptitude for problem identification and evaluation.
- Fundamental understanding of electrical testing procedures.
- Experience in problem identification, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in refinery turnaround support is desirable.
- Ability to work with contractors in construction, installation and operation of new and existing electrical equipment.
- The ability to evaluate the operating condition of equipment.
- Strong customer focus.
- Computer literacy and the ability to generate detailed reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.