Electrical Project Engineer – Morocco
- The primary responsibility of the Project Engineer is to ensure the technical integrity of the project including compliance with the project scope, project specifications, accepted good engineering practices, clients work processes, project schedule and overall budget.
- Project engineer is typically assigned the responsibility of a large project or multiple small projects, and performs the work under the direction of project manager.
- It is an administrative position requiring the exercise of discretion and independent judgment in the coordination of the various aspects of a project operation.
Functional responsibilities :
- Oversees the engineering activity (all disciplines) on a small project, or designated portions of a project for a global business unit.
- Plans and directs engineering assignments on the project.
- Have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments.
- Supervises the engineering activity on a relative small size project or designated portions of a larger project.
- May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position.
Required experience and qualifications :
- BS or MS in an Engineering field with a minimum of 6 years’ of related experience in engineering (Control Systems or Electrical preferred).
- Professional Engineering certification in related discipline preferred.
- Refinery work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry.
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures.
- Proficient execution planning skills.
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities.
- Working knowledge of project control systems.
- Working knowledge of the EPC business and TIC estimating processes.
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes.
- Understands engineering estimate basis.
- Understands contractual requirements for the project.