- Publié le: 22-11-2022
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 330160
- For our client, a leading international mining organisation, we are looking for an Emergency Response Team Supervisor (ERT Supervisor/Specialist) for the HSE department.
- Incumbent will establish and manage the ER capabilities and to provide training to the ERT members on all aspects of ER, including, High angle rescue, Vehicle extraction, Fire search and rescue, Trench rescue, Confined space rescue, wilderness search and rescue, Structure collapse rescue, HAZMAT, Aquatic rescue, Aviation rescue and to assist medical staff in the event of a mass casualty incident.
- The Emergency Response Team (ERT) Supervisor for Disaster Management (DM) will be reporting to the ERT Site Manager. The ERT Supervisor will be responsible for various emergency shelter and reception centre response activities in addition to other responsibilities related to emergency preparedness. The ERT Supervisor will also perform supervisory duties for a team of ERT Responders.
Functional responsibilities :
- Ensure compliance and provide ongoing feedback to ERT Responders during a response on compliance to the Technical Standards and the National Disaster Assistance Guidelines.
- Assess resource requirements including HR and Logistics, ensuring the needs are highlighted to the ERT Site Manager and the appropriate support service supervisor if one is appointed.
- Organize and supervise the delivery of services as assigned.
- Facilitate operational briefings and debriefings during a response.
- Provide timely formal and informal performance feedback to volunteers that report directly to the ERT Supervisor.
- Participate in operational debriefings and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Participate in site coordination meetings with other supervisors, as well as debriefings with the Site Manager, as appropriate.
- Manage inventory of emergency stock, ensuring adequate stock when opening site, maintaining appropriate level of stock during response and completing a close of operation inventory/reconciliation.
- Coordinate with enabling services on set-up of the service.
- Review schedule of employees to confirm adequate personnel is assigned at all times for the service.
- Supervise employees to deliver the service assigned.
- Maintain logs, statistics and financial documentation for use of service, as required.
- Communicate, report on progress and evaluate the provision of the services, as appropriate to the ERT Site Manager.
- Make recommendations to improve service after an evaluation.
- Ensure completion of necessary paperwork (i.e. Goods and Services Vouchers, Registration & Inquiry cards, daily statistics, activity logs, etc.).
- Develop, organize and set up an adequate training program with the various stakeholders.
- Participate in the recruitment of ERT Responders.
- Participate in ERT team member orientation & scheduling of training.
- Contribute to the completion and updating of supplier agreements, as needed.
- Contribute to ensuring response supplies are properly stocked and available.
- Contribute to and update the response plan including site planning and shelter surveys.
- Promote and ensure compliance with Red Cross directives and Technical Standards.
- Manage response equipment.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Appropriate Emergency Response or similar training.
- Very experienced with High angle rescue, Vehicle extraction, Fire search and rescue, Trench rescue, Confined space rescue, wilderness search and rescue, Structure collapse rescue, HAZMAT, Aquatic rescue, Aviation rescue and to assist medical staff in the event of a mass casualty incident – AND are able to train staff on this.
- Current or prior experience in a similar position and with a mining company.
- African expat experience. Remote site experience will be advantageous.
- Fluent French speaking and have good English speaking abilities.