- Publié le: 27-05-2020
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 244286
For our client, an international mining company in West Africa, we are recruiting an Environment and Monitoring Team Leader. This position will report to the Site HSEC Manager.
Functional responsibilities :
- Lead all aspects of the environmental work for the development and implementation of monitoring programs (water, noise, waste, soil, etc.).
- Implement systems in compliance with IFC standards, ISO 14001:2015, national regulations, etc., and ensure best practices.
- Develop and maintain the environmental reporting system including compliance reports.
- Work closely with the HSEC Manager, HODs and corporate environmental team ; also provides guidance and advice to production team.
- Develop/Train and manage the local environmental team.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degrees in environmental management or engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in environmental management, preferably in mining, and 5 years in a leadership/management role.
- Significant experience with Environmental and Social Impact Assessment baseline and studies (ESIA), Environment and Social Management plans (ESMP), HSEC Management Systems.
- Strength in relationship building with government agencies, local authorities, etc. and community development.
- Strategic thinking, strong leadership skills, and interest in working in the field.
- Fluency in French and English, written and spoken is required.