- Publié le: 03-01-2019
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 113320
Reporting to the Nigeria Tendering Manager, the Estimating Engineer will be based in Lagos office and will be in charge of establishing cost estimates in accordance with ITT requirements, technical constraints and commercial aspects. He or she is also responsible for developing and updating tools and cost databases.
Functional responsibilities :
- Build up cost estimates of Commercial Proposals respecting internal rules and procedures.
- Develop the execution plan with the Tender Lead and Commercial Lead for the purpose of having a complete, accurate and optimized cost estimate.
- Perform cost simulation to evaluate the execution alternatives that will allow the Tender lead to select the most cost effective solution
- Take into account deliverables issued by all the departments involved in tenders and clarify where necessary. Also provide information upfront as may be required by these departments for establishing their deliverables, in close collaboration with the Tender Lead and the Commercial Lead.
- Do the cash flow analysis in order to obtain favorable payment conditions in the contract.
- Prepare the commercial deliverables for our proposal, especially the price schedule, unit rates and commercial qualifications.
- Implement cost impacts during the contract clarification and negotiation phase.
- Handover to the project in case of contract award.
- Contribute to the development of estimating tools and benchmarks.
- Support Tendering Department in other relevant functions/deliverables as required.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Degree in an engineering or related discipline with very good cost estimation and control skills in Oil and Gas industry.
- 3/5 years technical experience in engineering, fabrication or operations with strong background / experience in cost estimation and control.
- Good understanding of Oil & Gas subsea products and activities.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Produces work of high quality and accuracy
- Flexibility to work within the demands of the role.
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods.
- Proactive and curious. Ability to take an overall view and critical mind.