- Publié le: 2020-01-06
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 202722
- The Field Engineering Manager is responsible for supervising a team of qualified Engineering, Document Control and Quality Control personnel and provides leadership and resolution on all technical issues related to the practice.
- Responsible for the overall receipt, control, dispatch, and general filing of all technical documents on site and performance of field design or modifications as required. Ensures materials and equipment received, and works executed on the site, whether temporary or permanent, strictly conforms to design principles, applicable codes and standards, and the drawings and specifications.
Functional responsibilities :
- Responsible for the overall organization, management and direction of a field engineering team.
- Ensures the integration of permitting constraints into the construction of the project.
- Implements and monitors a site document control system.
- Checks the consistency between transmittal sheets and documents attached and ensures contractors and site personnel are working to the latest revision of technical documents.
- Records all information necessary to ensure a clear follow-up of arrival and transmittal of all technical documents such that control of applicable documents can be done at any time from any work location.
- Arranges for the duplication and distribution of all documents in compliance with Project procedures.
- Responsible to ensure the carrying out of field design or modification as required according to delegation given by the Site Manager, using the engineering office for assistance where necessary.
- Approves, manages and maintains the Field Design Change register and change control documentation.
- Advises the Site Manager and Construction Manager of any potential variations to the scope of work that may generate cost and/or schedule impact and present an assessment of possible impacts.
- Checks and approves contractor’s materials certifications, and proposals for material supplies or alternates, for permanent works.
- Reviews and approves the contractor’s Quality Control Program as necessary to comply with project requirements.
- Reviews contractor design drawings for constructability and compliance to project, local and national standards.
- Acts as the main engineering liaison with the design office and provides expertise to site construction personnel on technical matters as required, including :
- Requests for Information (RFI’s),
- Solutions to a Non-conformance Report (NCR),
- Interpretations of drawings and/or specifications.
- Coordinates internal or external experts or testing which may be required (eg. Surveyors, welding inspectors, laboratory testing and sampling, local authorities, vendor specialists, etc.).
- Acts as the Constructability Coordinator after the opening of the work site to continue and complete the EPCM Constructability Program and provides feedback to the office Engineering Manager.
- Verifies and checks shortages of material (loss, damage, short shipped, etc.) and all possibilities of replacement, or substitution by approved specification adjustment, have been made prior to authorizing, or requesting to the Material Manager, the purchase of additional materials.
- Leads the review and assessment of contractor close-out reports and documentation including as-built drawings, vendor and equipment warranties, O&M manuals, spare parts and training programs.
- Ensures the general coordination of the handover of the facilities.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Engineering Degree.
- A minimum 10 years engineering and administrative experience.
- Previous involvement in the engineering design phase of the project.
- Major project experience, preferably on heavy industrial projects.
- Extensive experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
- General knowledge of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria in engineering disciplines.
- A high degree of understanding of inter-discipline dependencies.
- A high degree of understanding of procurement and contracting methodologies.
- A high degree of understanding of construction methodologies.
- A high degree of understanding of commissioning methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of administrative practices, drawing production and document control methodologies.
- Demonstrated successful team management (preferably diverse and multi-discipline) and effective change management skills.
- Strong ability to delegate and manage successful outcomes of work performed by others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.