- Publié le: 19-10-2021
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 49816
The Company :
- The Bomboré Gold Project is one of the largest undeveloped open pit gold deposit in Burkina Faso with excellent infrastructure, located approximately 85 kilometres by paved highway from the capital city, Ouagadougou.
- The project is currently undergoing an optimized, updated definitive feasibility study scheduled for completion in June 2018. The project is permitted and will advance rapidly toward construction with first gold pour targeted by the end of 2020.
The role will be responsible to :
- Oversee the timely, relevant and accurate compilation and analysis of management reports, budgets, forecasts and monthly/quarterly/annual results to local management and to project’s head office ;
- Ensure compliance with local tax rules and financial reporting requirements along with obtaining all available tax and fiscal incentives ;
- Provide leadership and technical support to the Finance and Administration team, and play a mentorship role in advancing the team’s capabilities and productivity ;
- Assist in the design and implementation of the project’s new accounting and ERP systems ;
- Supervise all financial transactions and standardize practices where efficiencies can be gained ;
- Create, implement and monitor compliance to internal controls to ensure that the project is appropriately protected from material risks ;
- Continually improve site capital effectiveness processes and systems that will result in well-informed commercial capital expenditure decisions ;
- Manage and maintain productive and cost-effective relationships with external parties (auditors, tax and accounting advisors, legal advisors, bankers, vendors, etc.);
- Support working capital and cash management to ensure the project’s cash position is protected and optimized ;
- Provide assistance on lender due diligence and reporting requirements as requested ;
- Prepare ad hoc reports and presentations ;
- Supervise all functions related to the department ;
- Coach, develop and train employees, promoting advancement and succession of national employees wherever possible
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (spoken and written);
- Professional accounting designation complimented by a degree in accounting or finance ;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in a finance and administration function including minimum 5 years of managerial experience in a mining environment, preferably within Africa ;
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and protocols, budget administration and financial forecasting, analysis and reporting ;
- Understanding of (and preferably experience in) controllership functions during a mining project’s life-cycle stages of exploration and evaluation, development and construction, and operations and closure ;
- Knowledge of project cost accounting and controls ;
- Experience in implementing and using ERP systems ;
- Demonstrated commercial acumen relevant to the role (in any combination of accounting, tax, IT, legal, banking, supply chain, insurance, etc.);
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines ;
- Efficient and able to manage competing priorities with a positive and enthusiastic attitude ;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
Benefits and Contractual information :
- This role will be based at the project’s mine site in Burkina Faso, situated 85 kilometres east adjacent to a paved highway from the capital city of Ouagadougou.
- This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class organization.