Global Performance Engineer
- For our client, a leading international Oil&Gas organisation in Nigeria, we are searching for a Global Performance Engineer to be hired on a permanent basis and located in Lagos.
- The Global Performance Engineer participates in contract support efforts and will be given opportunity to broaden technical, business, influence and leadership skills based on interest, business need, and performance.
- The role would include into front end engineering and tender documentation preparation, and continue through detailed engineering, procurement, construction, systems completion and start-up.
Functional responsibilities :
- Assurance review of floating systems, mooring, station keeping aspects, riser and flowline design documents including reports, studies, drawings, specifications and datasheets to ensure they meet project requirements and comply with applicable company guidelines, International Codes and Standards.
- Ensure the timely closure of outstanding engineering issues including mooring station keeping, mooring hardware, riser structural design, buckling and walking design, other mechanical design issues, flexible integrity risks and geohazards.
- Support the review of engineering deviations and clarifications.
- Ensure the management of engineering design changes handling, tracking and closure of all actions to and from subcontractor.
- Support other engineering activities as directed by projects including risk assessments, HAZOPs, integrity management and repair strategies, collection of pipeline lessons and experiences.
- Clear understanding of Mooring and Riser industry guidelines from classification agencies and local governing bodies.
- Understanding global and component mechanical design and use of material selection into the design, engineering critical analysis, strength and fatigue check.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Bachelors or Masters of Science with a Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Ocean/Naval or Materials Engineering (or related discipline).
- At least 4–7 years of experience in floating systems and or riser and/or flowline engineering design, and knowledge related to fabrication and/or installation activities for upstream oil and gas projects is a plus.
- Interest in global relocation and geographic flexibility.
- Preferred knowledge, skills, abilities in Design and Analyze Global Performance of FPSOs.
- Perform floating systems Hydrostatic stability calculation, Wave Diffraction & Radiation analysis (e.g. WAMIT).
- Proficient in riser analysis (static, dynamic, fatigue and interference analysis).
- Skill in anchor design, geotechnical aspects is a plus.
- Hands on experience using Hydrodynamic and global performance riser analysis software is required and experience with using Orcaflex is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines and frequent changes in priorities.
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Familiar with deep water riser and flowline qualification, fabrication, welding/inspection, and installation methods.