- Type de contrat: CDIC
- Fonction: Hygiène-Sécurité-Environnement
- Secteur: Minerais - Minéraux - Sidérurgie
- Expérience requise: 6 à 9 ans
- Prise de poste: Dès que possible
- Région: #Afrique
- Pays: Burkina Faso - BF
- ID Annonce: 49814
- Publié le: 19-10-2021
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 49814
The Company :
- The Bomboré Gold Project is one of the largest undeveloped open pit gold deposit in Burkina Faso with excellent infrastructure, located approximately 85 kilometres by paved highway from the capital city, Ouagadougou.
- The project is currently undergoing an optimized, updated definitive feasibility study scheduled for completion in June 2018. The project is permitted and will advance rapidly toward construction with first gold pour targeted by the end of 2020.
Reporting to the General Manager, develop and implement a Health, Safety, Environment and Community (“HSEC”) strategic plan aimed at achieving the project’s vision for zero harm and upholding best-in-class standards for HSEC . This professional will establish, lead and monitor HSEC programs and systems, and manage their associated risks. The position’s main focus will be on health and safety, and the physical environment as this position is well-supported by an existing CSR manager.
The role will be responsible to :
- Manage all HSEC activities to ensure compliance with applicable permits, laws and regulations, as well as internal policies ;
- Grow and lead a high-performing team of HSEC professionals with a strong culture of care and accountability in an inclusive workplace ;
- Set targets and objectives for continuous improvement in HSEC and monitor progress ;
- Provide guidance and expert advice on HSEC matters to management and operational teams ;
- Develop and implement site safety and health management systems, processes and procedures ;
- Facilitate risk assessments through common risk assessment tools ;
- Develop and conduct training and educational programs ;
- Oversee health and safety security audits and assessments ;
- Provides incident investigation and root cause analysis support including completion of related incident reports ;
- Ensure that employees and contractors receive appropriate health and safety training and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities. Prevent and stop unsafe acts ;
- Develop and implement the Social and Environmental Management Plan, and all policies and procedures required to meet national and corporate standards adopted by the project.
- Establish, with the help of an environmental specialist, monitoring protocol for ensuring site compliance with pertinent national and international standards and issue routine reports ;
- Develop and assist with training personnel in the action plans for the site in case of environmental incident, with specific tasks and responses to specific types of incidents ;
- Contribute to improved economic, environmental and social conditions and serve as a positive influence in communities in which the project operates ;
- Foster open, proactive, two-way communication with communities & knowledgeable stakeholders and participate in community engagement activities, as appropriate ;
- Oversee and track the annual budget and costs for department ;
- Coach, develop and train employees, promoting advancement and succession of national employees wherever possible.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Fluently bilingual in French and English (spoken and written);
- Recognized accreditations and/or university degree in safety, health, engineering, environmental sciences or related field ;
- Extensive professional work experience in the field of HSEC, with specific experience in the mining sector in Africa and at least 5 years in a management capacity ;
- Demonstrated capability in developing and implementing HSEC standards, conducting health and safety inspections and audits as well as developing a health and safety culture ;
- Experience in environmental compliance and permitting, and familiarity with environmental rules and regulations ;
- Competencies in designing, implementing and evaluating social/community strategies and programs ;
- Sound knowledge of contemporary HSEC philosophies, systems and practices ;
- Broad knowledge of the mining industry, international exposure and appreciation of the environmental and community relations aspects of a project’s success including opportunities and liabilities ;
- Strong organizational skills and report writing experience in a fast-paced, deadline oriented workplace ; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and stakeholder engagement experience.
Benefits and Contractual information :
- This role will be based at the project’s mine site in Burkina Faso, situated 85 kilometres east adjacent to a paved highway from the capital city of Ouagadougou.
- This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class organization.
Organisation: O.G. ProductionAnnonces de O.G. Production