- Publié le: 27-02-2019
- Nbre de Vues: 756
- ID Annonce: 129454
We are looking for a fluent English/French HSEC Manager for an international mining company with a large mine site in West Africa. The incumbent will lead a large team and will be responsible for ensuring effective and sustainable HSEC management systems are implemented and maintained.
Functional responsibilities :
- Create, maintain and enhance an effective HSEC Program while providing leadership, guidance and technical support for all HSEC issues.
- Implement corporate HSEC standards and internal Environmental & Social Management Plan.
- Ensure compliance with legislated standards and regulations .
- Lead negotiations and implementation of IFC Performance Standards and Lenders requirements in accordance with all ESIA, Resettlement Action Plan, Stakeholder Management Plan, Biodiversity Management Plan, etc.
- Ensure that effective & sustainable HSEC risk management policies and strategies are implemented and maintained .
- Manage relations and reporting with the Board of VPs, directors, senior management and internal staff as well as Government, Stakeholder, Community relationships.
- Implement initiatives to enhance a sustainable safety culture ; develop safety incentive programs.
- Establish and maintain emergency response plans.
- Conduct regular HSEC meetings with management at all levels and HSEC personnel.
- Assess and report on achievements of HSEC key performance indicators.
Required experience and qualifications :
- A tertiary Qualification in a Health and Safety Sciences, or equivalent.
- 10 years working experience in a similar role .
- Experience working in Africa preferably in the mining industry .
- Practical knowledge of IFC standards and their implementation.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001 standards.
- A successful track record of implementing and improving HSEC performance to world-class levels.
- Knowledge of safety training and implementation of safety training programs.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills ; strong report writing, presentation and computer skills.
- Strong, practical, hands-on experience .
- Fluent English and French – written and spoken.