- Publié le: 27-09-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 80471
The Instrumentation Engineer participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design.
Functional responsibilities :
- Implements, modifies, and maintains chemical processes.
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations.
- Models processes and units operations.
- Ensures proper sequence of operation.
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment.
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance.
- Develops process specifications, e.g. distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements.
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
- Lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
Required experience and qualifications :
- 7 years of related experience required.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Professional Engineering certification in related discipline preferred.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.
- Periodic travel is required.