- Publié le: 23-04-2019
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 147138
For our client, a leading international Oil & Gas organisation in Nigeria, we are searching for a Lead Pipeline Enginer. This role will be a focal point and technical authority for pipeline engineering throughout engineering design, construction and installation phases of Company’s pipeline projects wherein terrain will include cross country and swamps.
Functional responsibilities :
- Provide pipeline engineering input to other disciplines to assure design outputs are consistent.
- Be Project Authority for review of pipeline design drawings, specifications, installation procedures, etc.
- Where requested, be Company representative (pipelines) to ensure design work by contractors meets Project standard and relevant industry codes
- Monitor performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions to avoid design deficiencies and installation delays.
- Assist Company resident and/or project engineers with the pipeline engineering aspects of Facilities design.
- Assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation.
- Initiate and coordinate tasks needed for project execution including surveys, permitting or government reviews, material specification, installation procedures, testing, etc.
- Participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews.
- Assist in development of junior pipeline engineers.
- Provide input to Front End/Conceptual Engineering studies with respect to pipeline design, installation and operating issues.
- Provide input to Integrity Management and Planned Maintenance planning.
- To be the custodian of the Project database for pipeline data.
Required experience and qualifications :
- University Engineering Degree preferred, HND accepted with extensive experience.
- Minimum twenty (20) years relevant experience with oil industry design and fabrication contractor.
- Must have worked as a pipeline engineer/senior pipeline engineer for an EPC Company and Operator, and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects.
- Must have exhaustive knowledge of pipeline codes, metallurgy, welding, CP, pigging and end station design, capability to run pipeline hydraulics, particularly understanding slugging avoidance and internal corrosion management.
- Knowledge of pipeline hydraulics, multiphase behaviour and API standards essential to this position.
- Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment.
- Good understanding of project management controls and procedures.
- Have the ability to utilise common software for analysis of pipeline design, installation and operating issues.
- Sound understanding of HSES management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety.
- Apt reporting skills with the ability to write well-structured and easily understood reports.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint).