- Publié le: 26-06-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 55773
The Company :
Our mining client has operations in West Africa. Responsibilities will mainly be in ensuring consistent definition and management of all proposals and contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management. Strong experience will be required in this field, particularly as it relates to the mining industry. This position will be based in West Africa and the candidate will report locally to the Finance Manager.
- Supporting legal due diligence of counterparties such as suppliers.
- Implementing and supervising procurements and tender processes.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial and other contracts, and develop standards for contract.
- Supporting business managers on the implementation of contracts and monitoring performance of all parties to ensure compliance with terms.
- Ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide legal support as required to the General Counsel and the parent company in general.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Solicitor qualified in England or equivalent Common Law / Commonwealth jurisdiction with at least 2 years PQE.
- Legal expertise and experience in commercial contracts, procurements and tenders.
- Specific mining experience highly advantageous.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Any international experience highly advantageous.
Benefits and Contractual information :
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a Rotational Basis – FIFO expat role with rotation of 9/3.