- Publié le: 23-03-2019
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 137310
For our client, a leading international organisation, we are looking for a Logistics Manager to be hired on a contract basis and located in Algeria.
You will manage a multi-cultural, multi-language workforce providing logistical support to core hydrocarbon production business at remote desert locations including, but not limited to :
- Life camp services (multiple camp locations housing +2,000 personnel).
- Ground transportation & heavy equipment fleet (+300 light vehicles +50 pieces of heavy equipment including cranes, forklifts, generators, light plants, vacuum trucks).
- Road maintenance & repair (+300km of asphalt roads).
Functional responsibilities :
- Manage company personnel and contractor service providers involved in life camp operation and maintenance. Includes catering, maintenance, office services, water & sewage treatment, power generation, recreational facilities and landscaping.
- Manage company personnel and contract service providers involved in road transport and heavy equipment support of operations.
- Manage company personnel and contract service providers involved in road network maintenance and repair.
- Identify and manage repairs and upgrades to infrastructure & assets.
- Budget and follow all financial aspects of logistics support including budget preparation and cost control of approved budgets.
- Manage all aspects of contract preparation, bidding process technical and commercial evaluations and implementation for logistics service contracts.
- Provide an ongoing review of workflow and work processes with the objective of identifying areas/processes of high cost/low efficiency.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience in remote camp or facilities management plus relevant certifications/training.
- Significant experience in remote camp or facilities management.
- Experience in international oil and gas sector.
- Experience in supervisory or management position.
- English & French with Arabic desirable.
- Valid national driving licence with International Driving Permit.