- Publié le: 13-10-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 86714
Job Description :
- We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Superintendent to join a stable mining operation. Our client has over 60 years of experience in the mining field based in West Africa.
- The Maintenance Superintendent will lead the maintenance team towards the safe and efficient achievement of objectives and ensure continuous and systematic engineering maintenance, service and improvements in order to meet the short and long-term maintenance required by the mine so that production targets are achieved and the strategy as defined by the company.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and industrial equipment.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of electric power or air required for operations.
- Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with maintenance planners and maintenance staff.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labour and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company safety, policies and work procedures.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- May confer with workers’ representatives to resolve grievance.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
The Maintenance Superintendent will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas :
- Qualifications in Mechanical Maintenance of mobile equipment welding and fabrication.
- Man management skills and team building.
- MS Word, Excel, Adobe and Pronto business systems.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to influence peers and other planners.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours.
- Interpersonal skills in multiracial/multinational environment.
- Strong understanding of operational process to allow for efficient and operational planning.
- Exposure to multi-national, ethnic and cultural environments.
- 15 years min resource industry experience.
- 15 years min experience in the maintenance and repair of mobile equipment.
- Readiness to work on 9/3 FIFO roster.