- Publié le: 21-06-2022
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 321019
For our client, a major mining company in the South Pacific, we are searching for a Mine Technical Director to coordinate technical activities (Drilling & Exploration and Mining Technical Services), develop and supervise those activities in order to reach long-term production objectives. You are responsible for 3 departments : Mine Planning, Geotechnical and Water Management, and Geology. You manage a team of around 60 people, and subcontractors.
Functional responsibilities :
- Animate and ensure compliance with the HSE management plan within your scope, by ensuring permanent improvement in results in relation to the HSEQ director
- Coordinate the piloting of technical activities with the support of your team
- Ensure the definition and implementation of procedures guaranteeing the quantity, quality and regularity of maintenance according to the needs expressed by external and internal customers
- Guarantee cost optimization, validate and monitor operating budgets
- Implement and lead a continuous improvement process ensuring the follow-up of technical results and allowing the definition of areas for improvement
- Define a skills development plan for operational resources (Department managers, supervisors, technicians) to ensure efficient and quality growth
- In collaboration with Human Resources, define, support and deploy the organizational adjustments necessary for the ramp-up phase of the production tool.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Holder of a Diploma in Mine Engineering with at least 10 years of experience on large open pit mines
- Strong leadership qualities to integrate and assume management responsibilities within a complex industrial team. Ability to lead a large team
- Technical qualities allowing to animate operation teams by stimulating a long-term vision of the unit
- Ability to respect the rules of hygiene, security, respect for the environment and communities
- Ability to comply with standardized work procedures
- Strong qualities of rigor and organization
- Ability to contribute to the creation of a positive and safe work environment.