- Publié le: 2022-11-08
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 132968
We are looking for an Offshore Structural Engineer to perform technical tasks assigned by the Project Structural Lead such as structural analyses, calculations, design, verification or study activities.
Functional responsibilities :
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements.
- Contribute in defining structural design premises.
- Contribute to the writing of the Project Structural Design Brief (roadmap of all the structural design and analyses work on the project).
- Liaise with other Project Specialists and Designers whenever required for a proper completion of the work assigned.
- Design structural systems and components, pursuing objectives of sound engineering and design optimization in term of costs, fabrication simplicity, constructability and safety.
- Carry out/Check/Supervise structural analyses.
- Supervise/Approve steel structures design drawings.
- Supervise setting up of bill of quantities or material take off (MTO).
- Prepare, when required, specifications for structural fabrications and all related items such as bearing systems, bolts, cladding, grating, etc.
- Verify structural strength or dynamic behavior of items designed by others (piping support Specialists, Vendors, technical building Suppliers, etc.).
- Apply the Quality Control Procedure of the Offshore Structural Department during the work assigned.
- Perform field engineering activities.
- Write design reports and calculation notes.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Technical Degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in the same role.
- Knowledge of Discipline engineering design criteria, methods and workflows from conceptual phase up to site engineering phase.
- Capability to perform and coordinate Project engineering documents production activities and to check and review design documents.
- Capability to predict and understand the static and dynamic behavior of complex steel structures typical of the offshore industry.
- Knowledge of key issues related to Yard fabrication and erection activities, load-out, sea transport and offshore installation of jackets, decks, modules and offshore buildings.
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas sector or with EPC Company (plus).
- Very good command of English language (spoken and written).
- Willing to work abroad.