- Publié le: 2022-05-20
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 76031
- For our client, a world-class organization based in West Africa, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join a stable mining operation.
- As the Operations Manager you will be in charge of leading a successful mining operation that values employee’s safety and delivers results.
Functional responsibilities :
- Relief Project Director, able to respond on all issues when PD is off site. Maintain close relationship with PD to ensure continuity regarding the company’s position on all matters.
- Report to PD on all production matters.
- Actively promote and encourage site safety. Monitor compliance to all company’s site policies and procedures.
- Roll out and ensure compliance with budgetary constraints in all production areas and as directed by PD.
- Involvement in the budgeting process.
- Pursue production improvements through innovation, planning, utilization and availability. Be able to present finding and recommendations at all levels.
- Establish a close working relationship with client and represent the company in negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Community and HR commitments.
- Develop and implement career paths and succession plans for all production staff including but not limited to : Mining Superintendent, Supervisors and Engineers.
- Identify, investigate and implement special projects that seek to improve the business.
- Take an active role in developing the Engineering Department.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Tertiary qualification is an advantage.
- Mine manager certificate of competency will be a plus.
- 10 years Open cut mining experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Operations Manager, Project Manager or equivalent capacity.
- Experience overseeing operations and drive to achieve budget and production targets.
- Hands-on Mining Operations experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.