- Publié le: 2021-10-19
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 46994
Job Description :
A well-known International Company, is currently searching for an experienced Operations Superintendent to work within a multi-discipline team to provide operations support to a gas plant and combined cycle power plant. Our client is an international Oil & Gas and Mining company with operations in Cuba, Canada and Africa.
- Responsible for the supervision, safe and efficient operation of the Varadero Gas Plant & Combined Cycle Power Plant.
- Contribute to the development and execution of work processes, operating procedures and guidelines to ensure process and operational safety, and plant integrity.
- Manage shift scheduling to ensure operations are optimized at all times.
- Communicate with and provide support to the Shift Team Leaders and Plant Lead Hands on a daily basis to ensure timely execution of maintenance and operational activities.
- Ensure operational integrity of the installations is maintained at all times ; assist with preventative maintenance scheduling ; coordinate and supervise major repairs and turnarounds.
- Troubleshoot and provide input into the solving of process plant problems ; investigate incidents and accidents, and prepare preliminary reports while following up on assigned action items.
- Foster a learning environment through support for professional development of staff through coaching, mentorship and identification of appropriate training/learning plans.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and AFEs (Authorizations for Expenditure); ensure operating costs are within guidance, or variances clearly identified and communicated.
- Accept all on-call duties as required.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- 1st or 2nd Class Power Engineer Certificate or Degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a gas plant with a combined cycle facility.
- Experience with gas processing facilities is required.
- Experience in steam generation and steam turbine drive power generators is an asset.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment, and provide coaching and mentorship in difficult situations ; experienced in motivating, developing, and directing diverse staff members.
- Excellent work ethic, proven problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven commitment to safety ; knowledge of international and Cuban regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) for the purposes of budgets, planning and tracking, staff functions and communication.
- Highly flexible and comfortable working in an environment dictated by culture and local laws.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills ; Spanish would be an asset.
Benefits and Contractual information :
- The position offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.