- Publié le: 18-01-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 23091
The Company :
- International mining company, seeking an experienced and qualified Planning Engineer for his existing mining operations in West Africa.
- The person will provide guidance and feedback to management on best practices to be implemented to prevent fatalities and disabling injuries to employees, whilst achieving World Class Safety performance
Reporting to the Mine Superintendent the Planning Engineer plays an important role in performing good engineering practices in Open cut mine designs, production plan and strategic long term mining plan as well as providing specific data and designs to other sectors of engineering. The candidate will also be responsible in providing coordinating and monitoring of site engineering activities during the phase of projects. From leading the design phase to the development of engineering projects, ensuring completion on time and within budget.
The responsibilities will include :
- Develop, prepare and design the Strategic Long-Term Mining Plan and assess opportunities.
- Receive and analyse new mine design guidelines.
- Work closely with construction crews inspecting work completed, ensuring supplies/material available at all times, equipment are order and on site on time. Ensuring the projects are meeting the schedule of the mine plan.
- Analyze designs to ensure that they are effective in meeting project objectives.
- Work with the Senior Engineers on scoping studies, pre-feasibility studies and feasibility studies, including completion of AFE’s and economic justifications for projects.
- Analyze quotations and provide recommendations as to the best proposals. Execute meetings with suppliers and ensure that competitive negotiation takes place for the following : delivery according to project schedule, payment schedule, commercial clauses, price and optional equipment.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- BSc in Mining Engineering. Registration as a professional mining engineer is preferred.
- Minimum of 5–7 years of related work experience, ideally in open cut mines.
- Knowledge of engineering techniques as they apply to design, mine planning, equipment analysis, and project management.
- Effective ability to convey messages in an organized, clear and succinct way.
- The individual should have demonstrated a high level of energy, self-motivation and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort.
- Self-starter who is able to anticipate needs and work independently with minimal supervision.
Benefits and Contractual information :
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a Rotational Basis – FIFO 6/2 weeks.