- Type de contrat: CDIC , Freelance
- Durée (Cdd, etc.): 12 mois et plus
- Fonction: Achats-Logistique-Contrats
- Secteur: Energies - Eau - Gestion des déchets
- Expérience requise: 10 à 15 ans
- Prise de poste: Dès que possible
- Région: #Afrique
- Pays: Sénégal - SN
- ID Annonce: 208179
- Publié le: 11-12-2019
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 208179
- For our client, a leading Oil & Gas Operating Company in West Africa, we are looking for an experienced and qualified Planning Manager.
- Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Planning Manager is accountable for providing leadership, expertise and direction to the planning team, responsible for establishing and maintaining resources, systems, processes and reporting to support the successful management and integration of the scope, cost and schedule definition, and execution of the approved plan for the Project.
Functional responsibilities :
- Manages project planning & progressing teams. Ensures proper staffing levels and skill sets are acquired or developed for the home office, modularization & site execution teams in order to achieve project goals in a quality & cost effective manner. Manages the team including calling and chairing meetings.
- Establishes, communicates and obtains approval for the scope of work and resources required to provide the planning services to the project.
- Defines and manages the preparation and issuance of all required planning and progress measurement procedures and ensures their due application by all parties throughout the duration of the Project. This includes coordinating the training in the tools and procedures.
- Ensures that Primavera P6 is effectively and correctly set-up and implemented by the planning team using the approved PBS (Package Breakdown Structure) and WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).
- Implements plans within his/her authority to address project issues and opportunities. When the required action is outside the Manager Cost’s authority, recommends action to supervisor in a timely manner for approval.
- Provides analysis of data related to schedule, progress, risks, forecasts and variances to the project plan.
- Manages the overall integration of the project schedule. Ensures that updates and progress reporting are done in an accurate and timely manner. Collects, reviews, collates data from direct reports to input into weCliently and monthly project reports on status and issues to be resolved. Updates others as required ensuring surprises are minimized.
- Audits contractor’s progress reporting and control structures/systems. Guides contractors based on Client expectations of reporting and controls.
- Effectively communicates with the Home Office, Module, & Site management to identify critical deliverables in order to ensure an integrated approach towards key project objectives.
- Champions schedule impact analysis of project execution initiatives and opportunities. Makes recommendations based on these analysis with a view to delivering the project in the most cost effective method to support the business case.
Required experience and qualifications :
- The position requires a professional engineer or an individual with not less than 10 years technical experience in project controls, specifically planning & scheduling.
- The position requires a working knowledge of planning software, particularly Primavera P3. Working knowledge in P6 is an asset but not a requirement.
- Experience in international projects is preferred. Strong leadership and communication skills are a must as are initiative and a progressive change attitude.
- The position requires a thorough understanding of drivers for business success for the project since the requirement will be to ensure that the business results are delivered.
- Will directly supervise up to twenty employees.
- The position requires significant experience in mega-projects of $1Billion USD or more.
- The position requires significant experience working in a supervisory role for contractors in order to understand appropriate boundaries of contractor relationships.
- The incumbent has the authority to make decisions on an independent basis and should feel free to resist pressures to change plans or designs (with appropriate explanations) if he/she feels it compromises established requirements.
- Working knowledge of French is an asset, but not compulsory.
Organisation: Job AlternativeAnnonces de Fabien Perez