- Publié le: 07-01-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 16864
The incumbent will be responsible for :
- The leadership, coaching and employee development within the metallurgy operation along with oversight of the day-to-day safe production, plant improvements, economic development, instrumentation, quality control and trouble-shooting issues within the Metallurgical Services Department.
- The successful candidate must be able to work closely with production, maintenance supervision and outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of plant operation and maintaining of equipment.
- Individual must possess the capabilities to manage projects, both capital and in-plant, through all aspects of engineering, forecasting, funding, construction and commissioning.
- Candidate must be a team leader with excellent communication skills and be able to provide technical assistance & analysis to process group stakeholders.
To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or equivalent Process related degree (required)
- Minimum eight (10) years’ experience in Metallurgical Operations, Engineering and/or Laboratory environment (preferred)
- Five (5)+ years’ experience in a metallurgy supervisory role (preferred)
- Knowledge of the principles & methods used in complex metallurgical and processing analysis, hands-on practical application and process optimization is highly (preferred)
- Able to research, analyze information and draw conclusions, and take action to resolve operational, environmental issues, permit compliance and problem resolution from an operating plant status (required)
- Proficiency in multiple software applications and network platforms (required)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills (required)
- Ability to work in and construct a team environment that creates and enhances the company’s vision (required)
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
Benefits and Contractual information :
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is based out of Toronto, Canada.