- Publié le: 2021-10-19
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 49810
The Company :
- Our client is an African-focused mineral sands company with current operations in Kenya.
- We are looking for an experienced and qualified Engineering Manager to join their Perth-based Project Development team currently implementing the newly acquired Toliara Sands Project in Madagascar.
Reporting to the GM, Project Development the role will be responsible to :
- Serve as engineering functional leader for the Company’s major projects.
- Perform the role of area manager « processing plants » on the Toliara Sands project which project manages the pre-feasibility study, definitive feasibility study, detail design, construction and commissioning.
- Plan, manage and oversee all engineering portions of studies and designs undertaken by in-house personnel and external consultants (Australia & internationally).
- Drive value adding initiatives and ensure « fit for purpose » processing plant design and delivery.
- Ensure quality control of all in-house and external engineering resources, undertaking checks, audits and reviews of works carried out.
- Monitor overall project delivery including engineering costs, resources and schedule.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, consultants and contractors.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- An experienced Projects-based Engineering Manager with at least 5 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant project experience in a mine processing environment in either an owner’s representative and/or consulting role.
- Engineering degree in mechanical or electrical discipline with good knowledge of both areas.
- Experience working on large-scale international engineering projects (Africa-preferred).
- Proven record in safety, environmental and community performance and values.
- Process engineering background preferably in mineral sands will be a benefit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management including project controls, procurement, commercial and construction management.
- Strong leadership qualities with a successful record in building strong and productive teams.
- Enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment and successful track record managing diversified teams.
- High degree of accountability and decision making to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Australian citizen or ability to legally work in Australia.
- Ability to travel at short notice in Australia and overseas.
Benefits and Contractual information :
- This role will ideally be Perth-based however Brisbane-based applicants can apply with a relocation to Perth on offer after six to twelve months.
- The role will include a competitive remuneration including both short term and long-term incentives commensurate with the seniority of the role and provides a great opportunity to be part of a growing mining company.