- We are looking for a Project Controls Manager to be hired by our client, on a permanent basis, located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Inspecting the advancement state of the Project in relation to the planning, costs, human capital, and the Customer’s expectations.
Functional responsibilities :
- Establish for each project the project control strategy, and monitor its implementation.
- Implementing the project control procedures for planning, budgeting, reporting, documentary control and contract administration.
- Establishing the control procedure for advancements and for collecting expenses by activities.
- Implement the tools necessary for planning and project controlling.
- Coordinating the project control activities with respect to HSE standards.
- Analysing the specificities of the project in terms of organization, budgeting, planning and human capital.
- Managing the sub schedules of studies, of supply, delivery, assembly and implementation in service.
- Analysing, quantifying, evaluating and controlling the changes in schedules, the project expenses, variations, etc.
- Measure the advancement of the project and updating the schedule to anticipate the possible leeway’s and integrate corrective measures.
- Integrate the changes in the contract within the planning, the activity follow-up and the budget.
- Collecting the information relating to the advancement de each activity and the corresponding expenses.
- Analysing the potential and actual planning consequences delays and/or the changes incurred particularly to the customer and/or the suppliers and sub-contractors.
- In relationship with the administration and finance department, revise regularly the costs forecast depending on the advancement of project.
- In relationship with the project team, define the necessary corrective measures in order to decrease the differences recorded in terms of planning and costs.
- Establishing the customer billing and manage the cash flow.
- Performing the necessary analysis of productivity (KPI, …).
- Control the expense allocations for the project, organising the budget forecasting meetings.
- Prevent and manage the risks, establish a risk prevention strategy.
- Identifying and evaluating the risks (activities, procedures, information systems, production tools, events,
- Determine the plans of action and follow their undergoing.
- Implementing operational and budgetary the reporting and ensuring their use.
- Maintain up to date the financial data of the project
- Assess and analyse the results and achievements of the project, and inform the project management of any anomaly to put in place corrective actions
- Participating in establishing the assessment of the project, the synthesis of the operating account and treasury forecast.
- Participating in the establishing of the final project report by extracting the technical and financial teachings.
- Ensuring an experience feedback on the projects and the possible assessed leeway’s to ensure a constant improvement.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Master graduate of a school of engineering.
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management within a planning department, and 2–3 years on a project control position in the construction sector for EPC projects.
- Previous experience in the “Oil & Gas” sector., knowledge of “Oil & Gas” sector.
- Mastery of multi-disciplinary skills, financial management mastery (budgeting, accounting, taxation, cash, consolidation, etc.).
- Organisation and construction planning mastery.
- Ability to anticipate and to prevent, ability to detect any malfunctions, ability to manage budgets.
- Team spirit, team player, rigour, international mobility.
- English fluency.