- Our client, a junior mining company undertaking exploration and development of mining properties is currently looking for a bilingual English/Spanish Project Director to lead all construction activities including pre construction, procurement, underground and above-ground construction and operational handover.
- In this Project Director position you will be directly reporting to the CEO and in charge of supervising all different areas of the project : Mine, Civil Infrastructure, Plant, etc.
Functional responsibilities :
- Working within and continuing with the Company’s strict health and safety ethos.
- Developing and promoting the construction delivery strategy.
- Responsibility for all project controls including cost management and schedule management
- Construction risk assessment and mitigation.
- Team integration and coordination – particularly with the operations and administration teams.
- Definition of requirements and management of any out-sourced services.
- Progress reporting at Board level.
- Management of prime execution contractor
- Management and coordination of clients direct scope including direct supplied equipment.
- Handover of completed facilities to the commissioning and operations team.
- Appropriate management, and stress analysis of, schedule, cost and quality.
- Participate in establishing production objectives and sharing them with the teams under your responsibility.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Recognised leadership in Safety and Environmental Awareness.
- Qualified Engineer, or similar.
- Extensive experience managing greenfield underground mining projects, including : Mine, Civil Infrastructure, Plant, etc.
- At least 10 years senior level experience in a similar role.
- Team Management skills.
- Communication and Presentation skills.
- Cost and Programme focused.
- Experience in the delivery of a major mine and/ or process engineering project or similar is essential.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is essential.