Project Manager – Nigeria
- An industry leader that brings together engineering, installation and project management expertise and fabrication capacity and capability, are looking to hire a Project Manager based in Lagos.
- The Project Manager is to ensure that Contracts are executed in accordance with procedures and Contract requirements, meeting targets set in terms of HSES and Quality, while achieving schedule constraints and financial objectives.
Functional responsibilities :
- Establish a Project Execution Plan for completion of the Project demonstrating excellence throughout.
- Put forward a clear understanding of HSES throughout the Project and be seen as positively influencing Safety culture and measures in all Project phases, encouraging and supporting initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Risks and Opportunities Management system.
- Establish the Project organisation and secure sufficient and qualified resources throughout the duration of the Project.
- Manage and contribute to the development of the human resources assigned to the project and ensure their yearly appraisal in liaison with the functional departments.
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision making processes throughout the Project Organisation.
- Develop “team spirit” throughout the Project for maximum understanding and ownership of Project goals at all levels to enhance Project performance.
- Establish a positive working relationship with Company.
- Ensure that a complete package of tender documentation is available at or immediately after Contract Award to achieve effective handover of the tender.
- Ensure at the beginning of the Contract that the detailed budget against which the Contract performance will be measured is prepared, split by Functions and Work Packages, as applicable.
- Provide regular feedback of “lessons learnt”.
- Ensure that Client systems and tools are in place to allow real-time monitoring of project parameters and performance indicators.
- Identify and manage Contract changes and notify Company in a timely manner, of their impact on costs, work schedule and Contract obligations.
- Ensure monitoring, co-ordination and management of the work being performed by all Function Managers, Work Package Managers, Subcontractors and Vendors involved in the Contract.
- Ensure that all internal and external interfaces are identified and closed out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Project financial results are within target or above and initiate any corrective action that may be required for this purpose.
- Accurate and timely reporting of Project status to Company and to Client management.
- Ensure proper closing out of the Contract, both with Company and Subcontractors.
- Prepare a Contract Completion Report highlighting deviations from schedule and budget with reasons and explanations.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Offshore Project Management Experience.
- Engineering Degree associated with Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Marine disciplines.
- Experience within West Africa is a plus.
- Experience in pipe installation, hook up and EPCI projects is very essential.
- Understanding of installation environment and the needs of the various disciplines supporting the project.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office.