- Publié le: 2020-01-02
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 166972
- For our client, an international mining company, we are searching for an experienced and qualified QA/QC Welding Inspector for a large mine site located in West Africa.
- The incumbent will carry out various inspections and verifications for all mechanical and piping works, inclusive materials and equipment (both stationary and rotation).
- He/She will ensure that the erection, installation, testing and commissioning of mechanical equipment and systems has been carried out in accordance with contractual standards and specifications.
Functional responsibilities :
- Receives instructions, documents, technical specifications and details regarding probable welding requirements.
- Studies, analyses and establishes weld and NDE requirements.
- Prepares welding procedures and ensures that the required procedure qualification is carried out by a 3rd party group.
- Ensures that all welders are fully qualified to the procedures required by the project standards, and that their qualifications are current.
- Will monitor the performance of welders, while implementing and monitoring proper storage and usage procedures for welding tools and equipment.
- Visually verifies that the incoming materials have met the requirements for welding works, such as quality and dimensional tolerance levels, witnessing qualifying tests for welders as required.
- Will conduct inspection and tests on fixtures, structures and other installation works, in line with the relevant EN, ASME or ANSI codes/standards, at contractor/sub-contractor shop facilities/work sites.
- Liaise with 3rd party NDE inspection group and ensure that all NDE is carried out in accordance with the contract requirements, in particular the viewing and interpretation of radiography films.
- Review radiography results and advise construction supervisors of repairs required.
- Carry out an analysis of the defect/repair and advise welder of probable cause.
- Follows inspection and test plan for the welding works and carries out the various stage inspections and tests, records findings, prepares various reports.
- Will be required to act as an internal independent party to conduct inspection of such nature.
- Liaise with the contractor’s inspection and construction staff for intermediate and final acceptance of the work.
- Liaise with construction staff to ensure that all required testing has been performed.
- Advise the field staff of poor quality work and deficiencies detected during inspections and assist/advise on remedial works required.
- Report deviations from requirements of contract documents to QA/QC Manager
- Investigates/anticipates work problems and takes/recommends suitable action to correct deficiencies.
- Maintains and enhances sound relationship with contractors/sub-contractors and subordinates.
- Ensures that all paper work required (ie test and inspection reports, material inspection reports, etc.) has been completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures that copies are handed over to the WinPCS© technicians for input.
- Provides training as required.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Remains current/up-to-date regarding laws and regulations affecting all areas of responsibilities.
- Adheres to Company policies, procedures and work requirements.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, AWS/CWI and/or CSWIP Qualification.
- 5 years minimum experience after AWS/CSWIP Qualification in the field of petrochemical/refining, construction and maintenance services industries.
- Broad knowledge of sound management principles.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions furnished in written, oral, mathematical, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to use computer and familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Office, MS Project, etc.