- Publié le: 08-11-2018
- Nbre de Vues: 122
- ID Annonce: 96612
- Our client is a well regarded international Mining Contractor that services the mining industry throughout Africa & the Middle East.
- Reporting to the Project Director, the Safety Manager (Mining Contractor) will be responsible for leading the development, implementation, strategy and maintenance of safety management procedures and programs of an open pit Mining Services contract in Middle East.
Functional responsibilities :
This role will be responsible to :
- To lead and set an example for safety matters, work proactively with all managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a strong culture of safe working practices .
- To provide direct management and leadership of the Safety Team (4 people).
- To ensure that the organization complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and is proactive in improving safety culture within the organization.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ progressive experience in varied operations within the Mining Industry and supervisory skills.
- Previous experience working for a Mining Contractor.
- A safety related qualification, degree or Nebosh.
- Safety training experience in Mining Industry.
- A minimum of 3 years in a similar managerial role.