- Publié le: 21-06-2022
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 92399
- Our client is a consortium of leading international Oil & Gas operators seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Controls and Instrumentation Engineer for his existing operations in Algeria.
- Support the rotating equipment maintenance teams objective in ensuring the reliability and availability of our critical rotating equipment fleet includes GE LM2500’s, Siemens RB211’s, Solar Centaur 40’s and Siemens SGT100’S, driving gas compressors and generators.
- Maintain and troubleshoot control systems on our Gar turbines, compressors and generators, which include HMI’s, PLC’s( Logix5000, FT125, FT110, GE Mark VI), Drives, Historians and industrial networks.
- Collect data and record using our CMMS (Maximo) or other available data sources.
- Analyse maintenance records to determine control and instrument failure rates, availability / reliability calculations, bad actor / failure modes identification, and program effectiveness / cost analysis.
- Develop and execute maintenance program objectives.
- Conduct criticality assessment and develop equipment strategies/maintenance plans for control systems taking into consideration, obsolescence, industry standards, regulatory requirement and manufacturer recommendations.
- Develop capabilities and skills of Junior members of team, through on the job training and professional development initiatives.
- Collect and trend process data using company’s multiple process historian.
- Execute control system life cycle management programs which include control system inventory, obsolescence plans, managing spare parts and upgrade/replacement planning.
- Support control system maintenance and test planning as required, software upgrades, ESD testing, offline and online testing, and coordination of activities with/without plant shutdowns.
- Support planning and coordination of maintenance asks related to our rotating equipment control systems.
- Participate with multi-disciplinary, multicultural team.
- Review update and develop instrument and controls maintenance documentation.
- Travel to all our production facilities in the field.
- Bachelor degree from recognized university in Electrical, Automation, or Control and Instrumentation Engineering or demonstrate sufficient experience, capabilities and knowledge for the role if only technical diploma is held (Minimum 10 years’ experience working in oil and gas or Energy Industry).
- Recent relevant experience working in a remote hardship location directly for the owner / operator.
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas :
- Gas Turbine controls,
- Instrument and wiring method selection for electrically hazardous areas,
- Control system architecture design including basic process control versus safety instrumented system,
- Expert Knowledge of Gas Compression systems,
- Expert Knowledge of Power Generation systems,
- Expert Knowledge of Gas Turbine systems,
- Control system logic configuration and programming methods (PLC5, LOGIX500, SLC500, S7, Mark Vi, FT125 and FT110),
- Process control (e.g. PID theory /tuning).