Senior Instrumentation Engineer
Job Description :
- Our client is an international mining company seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Instrumentation Engineer for his existing operations in West Africa.
- The Senior Instrumentation Engineer will be accountable to lead and provide instrumentation engineering services, including project management skills and discipline specific standards to support plant modifications and capital projects.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with the site Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Lead and provide appropriate instrumentation engineering services to troubleshoot, problem solve, support plant modifications and capital projects and ensure that all company and department safety and environment policies are adhered to and incorporated into any plant designs.
- Identify, initiate, and implement improvements that will contribute to the cost effectiveness, stability, availability and reliability of the Plant equipment.
- Develop and maintain quality control, assist in providing cost estimates and economic evaluations for capital and non-capital projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain instrumentation engineering procedures consistent with site engineering practices, conforming to and supporting ISO 9001 Certification.
- Prepare and/or review scope of work and all necessary supporting documents for all projects, including Capital Projects, Improvement projects, Maintenance projects, or other projects the company requires to meet its business plan.
- Conduct several simultaneous engineering projects under the general supervision of the area Lead Engineer.
- Ensure the maintenance and operation standards of the systems and electronic and electric devices are rigorously implemented.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- A Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering with bias in Instrumentation and Control.
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration.
- At least 10 years of experience in a complex metallurgical or refinery operation with strong experience in design, maintenance, equipment operation and small project management.
- Experienced in maintenance and operations in high pressure hydrometallurgical or petroleum /petrochemical plants.
- Experience of selecting and specifying instrumentation and sensors.
- Demonstrated track record of improving and de-bottlenecking processes.
- Pneumatic, vacuum and commissioning experience is advantageous.
- Knowledge with PLC controllers, Fibre Optics, Distributed Control Systems.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills : English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
- Proficient with computer applications including all Microsoft Office products and specialised packages.