Senior Electrical Coordinator
Job Description :
- Our client is an international mining company seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Electrical Coordinator for his existing operations in West Africa.
- The Senior Electrical Coordinator will assist with management, supervision and technical support to all fixed plant, electrical distribution, and control systems, including associated mine infrastructure. The position is also responsible for the operation and maintenance of the power station.
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the site Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Weekly work schedule confirmation in conjunction with Planning Department.
- Monthly budget reviews.
- Monitor daily KPI’s under responsibility.
- Daily approvals of equipment purchase using EAM maintenance management system.
- Prepare monthly reports and / or provide information to planning group for the production of reports as may be required.
- Maintenance of all electrical, mechanical and instrumentation equipment related to the power plant and its facilities.
- Execute maintenance and operation work while respecting statutory requirements, local laws and regulations, and OEM equipment safety requirements.
- Promote preventive maintenance by motivating personnel under your supervision to plan and prepare effective work schedules in conjunction with Maintenance planning department. Participate in planning and scheduling meetings as required.
- Produce standard work procedures, Safe Work Plan and Job Safety Analysis as required by department activities.
- Oversee and maintain the quality of workmanship for contractor works executed under your supervision.
- Perform safety workplace audits of work areas under responsibility as per department policy.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual maintenance budget for equipment under responsibility.
- Train and mentor competent Malagasy employees for Coordinator position as per site succession plan.
- Effective training and development of E&I and power station team.
- Coach team members to better performance of required HSEQ tasks.
- Supervise, mentor and train E&I and Power Plant Supervisors and operators in proper maintenance and operation best practices.
- Ensure working areas under his responsibility are maintained well-ordered and of high standard for Health and Safety.
- Coordinate the training and/ or reinforcement of the ability of the personnel to ensure their performance in the structural training system.
- Develop local national employees to a competency level capable of replacing expatriate staff ; apply safety and work procedures, policies and sound practices.
- Ensure that all activities in the Projects group comply with and support ISO 9001 certification and potentially ISO 14001 requirements mainly within the Refinery.
- This position will require the incumbent to work in the field and office, varied and sometimes long hours at a remote site.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Electrical Trade Certificate with minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in progressive supervisory roles.
- Solid experience in operation and maintenance practices associated with mining or remote sites fixed plants.
- Power generation and reticulation, PLC/ SCADA, troubleshooting.
- Operational experience in a DFO or HFO power plant, or knowledge/experience equivalent to that acquired in the power industry or merchant marines (an advantage).
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of MAN engines and Leroy Somers Alternators.
- Ability to analyse the performance and operating efficiency of the systems to optimize energy use and production.
- High Voltage Switching Certificate awarded in a first world country.
- Solid skills utilising Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid skills utilising Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as Oracle, Ellipse, Pronto, MIMS or SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English as a minimum with additional French or Malagasy skills being an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills : English is essential. French is highly advantageous.