- Publié le: 2022-05-20
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 78154
Job Description :
- Our client is an international mining company seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Engineer Process Control for his existing operations in West Africa.
- The Senior Engineer Process Control will be responsible to drive continuous improvement in control strategies, process automation and controller performance.
- Be aware and comply with relevant HSEQ legal and other requirements.
- Support the design and execution of proposed Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programmable Logic controller (PLC) logic modifications in conjunction with the Electrical, Instrumentation and Control (EI&C) group and Asset Management process engineers as required.
- Manage the monitoring of PID controller performance and safety interlocks plant wide and drive a program of continuous improvement.
- Support the development and implementation standard operating procedures required for safe operation and tuning of the controllers in the DCS and PLCs throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure work is carried out safely and efficiently in a competent manner and that they adhere to the Permit to Work System and Management of Change System.
- Apply and promote the use of design procedures and standards for process safety.
- Manage the optimisation of automatic control of process operation.
- Scheduling and overseeing system maintenance by Contractors,
- Assigning and maintaining documentation around I/O connections and interfaces.
- Maintains necessary system back-ups and documentation.
- Oversees and trains operators in the management of Process Control Alarms and Control System Functions.
- Able to learn and understand current process executions and propose paths for automation (recipes) and then lead implementation and start-up.
- Together with Process Engineers, able to review existing sequential programming (recipes) and modify or improve for optimization of yield / cycle time or reduce nuisance interruptions / program stalling.
- Leads process control improvement projects including schedule, budget, testing requirements and start-up including required documentation and approvals.
- Lead administrator for site’s OSI/ PI historian system. Responsible for maintenance of the PI system as well as upgrades and modifications.
- Together with Operations Engineers and Operating department establishes process work books and brings additional discrete signals from historical Moore (Siemens) APACs system into PI historian.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Instrumentation Engineering with major in Process Control / Higher University Degree in process control is desirable
- A minimum of 15 years control engineering related experience in a heavy industry setting within metal, pulp & paper, power house, petro-chemical, refinery or mineral processing plants.
- Experience working with industrial networks such as Profibus DP and Modbus.
- Previous and sustained instrumentation and control commissioning/site experience.
- Strong understanding of distributed control systems.
- Skilled at PID control loop design, tuning and performance assessment.
- Skilled in process control theory and control strategy development.
- Skilled in design procedures and standards for process safety.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills : English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
- Proficient with computer applications including all Microsoft Office products.