Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Description :
- Our client is an international mining company seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Mechanical Engineer for his existing operations in West Africa.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be accountable to lead and provide mechanical engineering services, including design and project management skills and discipline specific standards to support plant modifications and capital projects.
- Be aware, understand, communicate and comply with the site Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policies and associated documentation.
- Provide technical leadership and be a resource in analyzing day to day problems, trouble-shooting of issues, liaising with manufacturer or technical expertise to understand and improve reliability issues that affect plant operations.
- Has detailed design of static and rotating equipment, sizing of mechanical equipment, issue deliverables.
- Participate to project cost and schedule evaluation.
- Familiar with engineering project workflow.
- Lead and provide appropriate mechanical engineering services to troubleshoot, problem solve, support plant modifications and capital projects and ensure that all company and department safety and environment policies are adhered to and incorporated into any plant designs.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary group of engineers to identify, initiate, and implement improvements that will contribute to the cost effectiveness, stability, availability and reliability of the Plant mechanical equipment.
- Develop and maintain quality control for capital and non-capital projects.
- Assist in performing cost estimates and economic evaluations on capital and non-capital projects, as well as on business issues
- Develop, implement and maintain mechanical engineering procedures consistent with site engineering practices, conforming to and supporting ISO 9001 certification.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of junior Mechanical/Piping Engineers and Designers.
- Co-ordinate inter-disciplinary design reviews for improvements projects.
- Prepare and/or review scope of work and all necessary supporting documents for all projects, including Capital Projects, Improvement projects, Maintenance projects, or other projects the company requires to meet its business plan.
- Ensure that all Engineering workflows and procedures are adhered to and followed.
- Ensure all documents related to Management of Change, environment, production capacity and operation stability, reliability and all Engineering deliverables are managed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in capital budgeting and management of the capital works program.
- Serve as discipline group Lead Engineer as assigned by department management.
- Experience working in Complex Hydro / Oil & Gas Refinery / Large Chem / Petrochemical / Continuous processes.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- An engineering degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree) in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience in maintenance & equipment reliability.
- Ability to manage teams consisting of professionals, technicians and workers, multiple projects.
- Experienced in maintenance and operations in high pressure hydrometallurgical or petroleum /petrochemical plants.
- Knowledgeable in project management and budgeting.
- Strong technical background in mechanical engineering disciplines, including heat transfer, fluid dynamics, piping design and pressure systems.
- Experience with rotating equipment is an asset.
- Demonstrated track record of improving and de-bottlenecking processes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to mentor junior personnel.
- Proficient with computer applications including all Microsoft Office products and specialised packages such as Autodesk AutoCAD / Inventor, Ceasar II.
- Experience in commissioning is a definite asset.
- Fluency in English is mandatory and fluency in French is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.