Senior Mine Planning Engineer
The Company :
- For our client, an international mining company, we are searching for an experienced and qualified Senior Mine Planning Engineer for his existing mining operations in West Africa.
- The person will provide guidance and feedback to management on best practices to be implemented to prevent fatalities and disabling injuries to employees, whilst achieving World Class Safety performance.
- Lead a team of individuals and manage design work required for the development and production of the open pit. Ultimately accountable for the timely delivery of designs and their accuracy.
- Preparing short, medium and long-term schedules that aim to meet or exceed site objectives and support the long-term mining plan. Identify contingency plans to overcome shortfalls in production and development. Ensure plan is appropriate for equipment and manpower levels, and that it does not exceed the ventilation or ore movement system constraints.
- Coordinate with mine operations on a daily basis to ensure the plan is being adhered to and to minimize disruptions. Complete regular variance reports and stope status reports.
- Set goals and objectives for Engineering, Training, and Process Improvement. Ensure areas of responsibility meet goals and objectives by providing systems, resources, and training as needed.
- Provide regular field supervision of engineers, technician, and miners in the open pit mine.
- Oversee the work schedules of assigned personnel to meet completion dates, technical specifications, and budget limits. – Assist with the estimation and preparation of budgets.
- Complete developments and Stopes dilutions analysis on monthly basis.
- Prepare life of mine reserves via Surpac and generate life of mine plans using MineSched on annual basis.
- Complete reserves block model-mining analysis.
- Complete reports as required.
- Participate in completing the mine’s monthly reconciliation report.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Bachelor of Mining Engineering.
- Master degree.
- At least 7 years experience in mining engineering.
- Fluency in English and French.