- Publié le: 2022-04-05
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 62504
The Company :
For our client, a leading mining organisation, we are searching for a Senior French-speaking Mining Engineer. The role will be residential based in Pacific Region.
The incumbent participates directly in the establishment of the various phases of the budget, in consultation with the Head of Center, the head of the geology department, Mine Director and the various other officials of the Center.
- It plays a leading role in the definition of exploitation sequences, mining studies as part of the 5‑year plan, the mining process and the mining map, which implies studies and proposals, particularly in terms of investment. For this, the incumbent keeps himself informed of the evolution of the techniques (readings, visits of the mines, internships).
- He must keep a watch on the concepts of mining.
- Implements the means allowing the center to achieve these objectives of production.
- Ensures that the manipulated and the production are well in line with the projects.
- Actively participates in the safety approach, raises staff awareness of safety objectives, and proposes and makes arrangements to improve the working conditions and the protection of its agents. Conducts causal analyzes of dysfunction.
- Establishes and promotes management tools (monthly reports, daily follow-ups).
- Leads his team of managers. He works permanently with his mine manager (who runs the day-to-day operations) and with his operations engineer (who runs the mining plan).
- Work in collaboration with the maintenance department and participate in the proper functioning of the machines and their availability.
- Made improvements to optimize the organization or streamline it, ex adaptation of team size, road openings and landfills, development of firing plans, …
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
The exercise of these multiple activities implies on behalf of the holder :
- Master’s + 5 degree in mining engineering with at least 7 to 10 years of professional experience.
- A strong management capacity.
- Technical knowledge in various fields, associated with a good industrial experience.
- Ability to identify, use and develop staff skills.
- Fluent level of French and English.
- Availability, initiative, sense of organization, rigor, team spirit and diplomacy.
- Good knowledge of technical English and fluency in office tools.