- Publié le: 28-02-2022
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 108909
We are currently searching for a Senior Process Engineer to provide process technical support to Operations, leads projects for continuous improvement in plant performance and mentors other engineers. These activities deliver sustainable gains in process safety, plant throughput and economic efficiency.
Functional responsibilities :
- Be aware and comply with relevant HSEQ legal and other requirements.
- Provide technical guidance, problem solving and advice to the operational teams in the different unit processes.
- Management of the operating team in monitoring and improving the hydrometallurgical process performances.
- Support improvements in efficiency of operations and services.
- Lead and provide process engineering services to support plant modifications and capital projects and ensure that engineering specifications and all company safety and environment policies are adhered to and incorporated into any process design.
- Develop, implement and maintain operational procedures.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of other process engineers.
- Develop operator and engineer training material and participate in training, perform and provide process design for plant modifications and capital projects, comprising engineering deliverables such as process design basis, process design calculations, process datasheets, PFDs, flow sheets with mass and energy balances, process engineering calculations including hydraulic calculations, P&IDs, equipment sizing and other process deliverables.
- Provide or assist in preparation of process technical reports to various levels of management on issues related to process safety, environmental performance, extractive metallurgy, metal recoveries, operating costs and other process parameters.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of other process engineers
- Driving down bottlenecking projects including existing process optimization and new process proposals.
Required experience and qualifications :
- An engineering degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration.
- At least 10–15 years of experience in a complex high pressure hydrometallurgical complex, refinery operation or chemical industry.
- Experience in plant start-up and ramp-up from green field project is a definite asset.
- Experience in process improvements and process design, in chemical, utility, petrochemcial or metallurgical operations.
- Strong background in process engineering and process technologies with emphasis on hydrometallurgical plant operations.
- Excellent technical abilities to perform problem solving, process risk assessment, process engineering calculations such as mass & energy balances, fluid dynamics, heat & mass transfer calculations.
- Strong background in project engineering, including all aspects of project management and control.
- Solid background in process safety and proficient with operation and process safety risk assessment (Hazop, Fault tree, etc.).
- Demonstrated track record of improving and de-bottlenecking processes.
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft products and specialized packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, fluency in French is a definite asset.