- Publié le: 16-05-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 49818
The Company :
- Our client is an international mining company, seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Project Coordinator for his existing mining operations in West Africa.
- The role will be responsible for managing and delivering effective project execution support to the entire plant.
Leads a team of Project Coordinators to successfully accomplish the plant project execution (Construction) deliverables as will be detailed in the Project Scope of Work. Ensure projects construction activities are met safely, with high quality and on time. The responsibilities will include :
- Directing the integration of project activities throughout the life cycle of the project. Such as to ensure that construction due diligence and deliverables are met.
- Ensures a thorough understanding of the clients needs through a close relationship with the Area Superintendents, Managers or any other direct or indirect client to the project.
- Manage construction team workload effectively to ensure workload is well balanced and clearly understood across the team.
- Manage expectations, ensure that clear and achievable time lines are provided to the subordinates and to the clients.
- Manage relationships effectively by ensuring partnerships with outside service providers are managed productively yielding strong synergies and successful outcomes.
- Performance management, implementing strong performance management tools to ensure individuals understand the deliverables and timelines they need to deliver.
- Ensure a rigorous Management of Change process is adhered to and that all changes are captured, approved and executed to company standards.
- Ensures that all documentation is maintained to support company policies, procedures and ISO 9001requirements, and that all engineering documentation is appropriately filed and archived.
- Ensure that all site and government safety, health and environmental procedures and standards are followed by engineering personnel and subcontractors.
- Maintain close collaboration with the HSE department to ensure all department workers are trained in safety and environment matters.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to the growth and development of department employees.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Technical educational background in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical disciplines, preference will be given to candidates with complimentary training in Project Fundamentals.
- Approximately 10 years of project field experience in complex chemical, hydrometallurgical projects.
- Strong technical background in engineering and execution.
- Experience in operations in developing countries is an asset.
- Must have a background in Management of Change and risk assessment.
- Proven track record of experience in Construction environment.
- Strong experience with supervising technical personnel, project and quality controls.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and a proven record of mentoring and development of staff is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills : English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
Benefits and Contractual information :
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.